Seeing Red

Monday, July 23, 2012


Noticing a trend with my summer outfits? I'm slightly obsessed with peplum (as documented HERE and HERE) and scallops (last seen HERE). One of my favorite things about being a girl is being able to wear cute detailed pieces. These red shorts are adorable on their own, but when paired with an eyelet peplum top, the level of femininity skyrockets. I kind of felt like a 50s housewife in this outfit. Anyone else getting that vibe? Maybe it's the puckering on the top or the fact that it sort of looks like an apron. Either way, I embraced it.


 Shorts: J.Crew; Tank: Anthropologie (old, cute version HERE); Wedges: Michael Kors; Bracelets: Stella & Dot, Alex & Ani; Sunnies: Chloe; Polish: Essie Tart Deco

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
L

13 comments:

  1. Love the peplum and this is such a cute summer look!
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute outfit! I've tried to get onboard with the peplum trend, but it just looks sooo bad on me. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look!!! So amazing :) from the shorts to the darling peplum top! You look gorgeous!!! xo, Megs

    princess.hippie.love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the peplum is so sweet.

    http://www.trendsection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving that peplum top, and those red shorts. adore!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those shorts! So cute

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute peplum!
    xo
    www.stylegod7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous lace peplum! i love that you paired them with such bright and girly shorts! adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking good, the peplum looks awesome with the shorts
    NANCIEMWAI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the white top! I just moved to a new blog! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is adorable! 100% something I'd wear :) The peplum and scalloped shorts are such a great combo.

    - Ally
    http://www.confessionsoftheglitterati.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!