Flowers + Stripes

Friday, July 20, 2012


Say hello to my new favorite combination. Okay, so I've actually mixed florals with stripes before, but this outfit made me fall in love all over again. I definitely got a few disapproving "that poor girl got dressed in the dark" looks while I was out and about, but that's to be expected in a town that was recently voted "Worst Dressed" by GQ. (Really Boston?! We can do better than that!) 

I wore this out for sushi with my sister a few nights ago. We have had 90+ temps all week but after a huge storm and a tornado warning (only a minor panic attack about that one), the steamy heat dissipated, leaving us with perfect sleeping weather. Which you may or may not know, translates into perfect long-sleeve shirt and skirt weather.




 Shirt: H&M; Skirt: F21 (old, cute one HERE); Bag: c/o Rebecca Minkoff & Pose; Sandals: Dolce Vita; Watch: Michael Kors; Bangles: Alex & Ani, gift from a friend

Happy Friday! 
xoxo,
L

10 comments:

  1. Super cute combo!! Love the skirt.

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of patterns. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, I'd wear it in a heartbeat! Just found your blog and like it so much! Going to follow you now...:)

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love patterns with stripes! And cute bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag is so pretty! I love the color! I am so glad rules have changed about what can be worn. I am from the south and it has always been such a no-no to wear white after Labor Day or mix patterns and I am SO glad times have changed. I think white looks beautiful at Christmas!
    http://www.rocktherulesjewelry.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this outfit! Also, I'm obsessed with Rebecca Minkoff bags. Aren't they just the best? I have, like, four. I should get the fifth one for free, JK!

    I love stripes and floral prints put together. So chic!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this combo!

    Have a great week,
    Emily
    http://partymixtape.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is adorable!

    http://www.puppiesnpurses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this outfit reminds me so much of that pic that has been floating around the blog world for a while of katie lee joel in her kitchen. i've always loved the look and your outfit is the best "inspired" look i've seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!