Not So Girly Girl

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm not your typical girly girl. I love heels, ribbons, ruffles and anything with a feminine shape. But then there are days when my feet can't stand to be at an awkward angle a moment longer, days where tight pants seem like cruel and unusual punishment, and days where I'm drawn to pieces that could easily be dubbed tomboy. 

Case in point: this Forever21 military jacket. I could have easily paired it with my favorite boyfriend jeans and really gone to town with the whole "I'm a dude today" look, but instead I wanted to strike the perfect balance between both feminine and masculine. So I paired my jacket with a hot pink skirt. I mean really, what's more feminine than that?






Jacket: F21 (available in navy HERE); Skirt: J.Crew (in denim and on sale HERE); Tank: Gap; Shoes: Ann Taylor

This ended up being the perfect outfit for frolicking down by the water, grabbing lunch outdoors and running errands. What do you reach for when you go casual? Would you wear a look like this?

xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. I would def. wear this entire outfit! I love the hot pink skirt with the military jacket. And those shoes are SO cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, i love this jacket!! how does the size fits? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving how you mixed hot pink with denim, it has definitely been inspiring me lately and a combination i've been wanting to try. Also loving those neon pink Ann Taylor flats, they're so chic and you styled them perfectly!

    xx
    Ashley

    http://www.goldendivine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!