Holiday Plaid + Sequins

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shirt: J.Crew (similar); Skirt: Ann Taylor; Belt: Express (old); Tights: Hue; Heels: Charles David; Clutch: F21; Necklace: F21

I guess there are worse things than having multiple holiday parties to attend, right? Lately I've actually been looking forward to Mondays (I know, what's wrong with me?!) because it means I can get through my work day and potentially go to bed at a decent time. Working in retail means this time of year is insanely busy and the days have been blending into one another. That's great for getting to the end goal of a little vacation time with the fam, but really bad for sleeping schedules and stress levels.

Last week Rue La La had their annual holiday party and we all got to enjoy a night off to dance and let loose. While some let loose a little more than others, it was a night enjoyed by all. Our dress code was "festive casual" so I decided to mix a little holiday plaid with some festive sequins. Add a red lip and a pearl necklace and voila! I was instantly back in the Christmas spirit.

My fellow blogger friend Linds opted for another holiday color scheme I love, white and blue. How stunning does she look?

Dress, shoes & clutch, all TJ Maxx (the girl can find some amazing deals!)

What's your go-to holiday look? Are you more of a traditional green and red gal, or are you more in line with the colors in Lindsay's look?

Happy Holidays loves! Safe travels and enjoy the time off with your family and friends.

xoxo,
L

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute look! Loving the plaid and sparkles! Your friends look is too cute! Loving her dress!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our last holiday party is tonight and I am ready for them to be over although it's been so fun getting dressed up. Happy Holidays!

    Alana
    http://cheapchictravels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both looked fab, though I really like the plaid/sequin/high/low combo. It's fun to see sequins worn with unexpected partners and in unexpected places (i.e. the daylight!!). Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!