Hidden Gem: Renzo's Pizzeria

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Margherita Pizza
Just looking at this picture makes my mouth water. It also makes me want to rethink my decision to cut pizza out of my life until my birthday. (OK so my birthday is only a few weeks away but STILL, no pizza for three weeks is a pretty serious commitment in my book.) Normally I'm a NY style fanatic. You know, that crust that isn't quite deep dish but isn't thin and crispy either. I like to feel my carbs. The weight, the doughiness. You get what I'm saying.

But along came Renzo's and I found myself face-to-face with brick oven pizza like I've never had before. Garlicky, crispy, melty and just plain satisfying. More than satisfying. I mean I'm writing a flipping blog post about it so clearly it's something special.

"The Boulevard" (Grilled chicken with pancetta and BBQ sauce)
 Be warned: you do not go to Renzo's (located on Revere Beach) for the ambiance. The view of the ocean in Revere isn't the worst but it also isn't what I would consider the best either. But you're still on the water so that counts for something, right? And on any given night you can find a suffering musician, performing under seizure-inducing disco lights, singing along to tracks that your grandparents love. 

Truth be told though, after a glass of their delicious sangria, I've completely forgotten about the bad entertainment and am stuffing my face with cheesy goodness. The pizza is THAT good that we go back once every few months. Their prosciutto-wrapped asparagus appetizer is also worthy of a mention. AND you're a few miles outside of Boston so you know you're getting your money's worth.

So next time you're up for a little bit of a drive and are craving the best pizza north of the city, head to Renzo's. You'll thank me.

xoxo,
L

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!