Lemon Salad

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You're probably asking yourself the same thing I did when I first heard the words "Lemon Salad". Will I be eating slices of lemons? What else is in the salad? This doesn't make sense... But after one bite, I realized it made perfect sense.

We got together with some friends Sunday evening for a fun "family" dinner. The couple that hosted us cooked a delicious meal which included aforementioned salad. 

It is as simple as pouring freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil over your favorite greens. (Approximately 1/2 cup EVOO and 1 cup lemon juice) You can also shave some Parmesan cheese over the top if you wanted to fatten it up a bit, but honestly it's perfectly yummy on its own. And hello, very low in calories!


Picture from Google Images

I will definitely be adding this to our healthy recipe rotation. On second thoughts, maybe I'll have it for dinner tonight... Thank you Marisa & Joe (And Joe's Nannie) for the introduction to this new dish!

Happy Wednesday loves!
xoxo,
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish. I am pretty much a fan of anything made with fresh lemon so I will DEF be giving this a try!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!