Mom's Marinade + Chicken Pineapple Kabobs

Wednesday, August 29, 2012


With August coming to a close, it's more important than ever to squeeze every last bit of outdoor fun out of my weekends. So J and I got a good group together, made some amazing food and spent the day on a boat. For my part, I made some delicious chicken kabobs with my Mom's ridiculously amazing marinade. 

What You'll Need:
(I usually double this)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
generous sprinkle of garlic powder

Cut the chicken (or steak) into bite size pieces and cover with marinade. Let meat sit in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours. Alternate marinated chicken, bell peppers, onions and pineapple onto skewers. Then grill and enjoy!


I love this recipe because it's simple, it utilizes fresh summertime veggies and it's a total crowd pleaser. Plus they're easy to eat on a boat -- no silverware needed! 

How are you spending the last few weeks of summer? 

xoxo,
L

⋅No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!