Fall 2012 Trends -- What I Can't Wait To Wear

Thursday, February 16, 2012

With fashion week just about behind us, I'm more excited than I've ever been for fall weather so I can don some of the amazing pieces that graced the runways recently. Okay, so I don't exactly have the cashflow for most of these high end designers. But I definitely plan to use the runways as inspiration to create a wardrobe that embraces these trends AND stays within my budget. Thank you, Zara!

Some of my favorite trends so far:
  • Wine colored pieces -- jackets, sweaters, everything! I loooove this color. Anything modeled after my favorite beverage is OK in my book.
  • Contrasting Collars
  • LOTS of floral -- some designers even showed head-to-toe floral (i.e. Jason Wu, J.Crew and Alexander Wang)
  • Rustic Glam -- See Michael Kors pics below. OBSESSED.
  • 1920s -- drop-waists and frige, anyone?
  • Polka Dots
  • Colorblocking
  • Leather
Below are a few looks that I'm dying to try -- with a few of my own touches here and there, of course. What are your favorites?
    Kate Spade -- Loving the collar and the feather skirt. So cute!
    Kate Spade -- Polka dots make me happy
    Lela Rose for Payless -- I haven't stepped foot in Payless for years, but you better believe I'll be buying these babies as soon as they hit the shelves.
    Michael Kors -- Aforementioned "rustic glam" -- love me some buffalo check
    Michael Kors -- Marled Wool (swoon)
    My version will probably consist of a pair of pants though.
    Rebecca Minkoff -- A wearable leather dress... Need!
    Rebecca Minkoff -- more marled wool
    Rebecca Minkoff -- bright orange cutout dress
Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY to win the beautiful pink Emily Bracelet from Christina M. Boutique. Check it out HERE!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!