Fall 2011 Wardrobe Staples (for every budget!)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is it just me or is there something so exciting about fall fashion? Don't get me wrong, I despise cold weather. Makes me wonder how I survived the Central New York winters for the first 21 years of my life. Or why I chose Boston after that...


But before the nasty cold and snow settle in for what seems like eons, there is a fairly small window of PERFECT weather to showcase fall clothing. Boots, sweaters, leather jackets -- ugh, I love it all! 


I love most of the trends we are seeing this fall. Plaid and tartan prints, wedge booties, the 70s, (faux) fur... But there are three staples I think every girl NEEDS for her closet. And the best part is, you don't have to spend tons to get 'em!


1) Wide Leg or Extreme Flare Jeans
My, how the tables have turned. I used to make fun of my mother when I'd see old pictures of her and her girlfriends in bell bottoms. Now I LOVE them. I especially love the look when they're paired with heels or wedges and a tucked-in flowy blouse.


Here are my choices, one for every budget:


J Brand Lovestory Bell Bottoms, $189




Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Pintucked Trouser Jeans, $80






Old Navy Retro Flared Jeans, $36.94




2) Riding Boots
I feel like a good pair of riding boots is a necessity for every fall season but this year, they're everywhere. Black or brown, they are such a classic look that can pull an entire outfit together. And they're comfortable! Could we ask for more?!


Tory Burch Selma Riding Boot, $495 (available in brown and black)




Bandolino Cavanna, $149 at Piperlime (available in black, dark brown, cognac and cocoa shell)




A2 by Aerosoles Ride Along Boot, $74.99 at Kohl's (available in brown or black)




3) Something Leopard Print
Leopard print used to get a bad wrap. And when misused, it still gives off that "cheap" vibe. But when used properly it can be an awesome addition to an ensemble. Not to mention it's sexy. It can be a cardigan, a scarf or a belt. But no matter what you choose, make sure to incorporate it into your wardrobe this fall. Rarrrr!


Ivanka Trump "Pinkish" Platform Pump, $135




JCrew Wide Calf Hair Belt, $79.50


Forever21 Leopard & Leatherette Handbag, $24.80




So there you have it. My three favorite fall wardrobe essentials. Why are you still reading? Get out there and get shopping, ladies!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!