Peter Pan Collars

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thank you, Maude Adams, for popularizing the adorable Peter Pan collar that we are seeing everywhere today.


Ms. Adams helped design her costume for her Broadway role as Peter in 1905. This style has come and gone throughout the years and now it seems it's here to stay. Well, stay as in for the next season or two.


I love the prim and proper vibe the Peter Pan collar gives off. Very schoolgirl. I wore this outfit to the office but have also worn it with a pair of leather shorts and some tights to rough it up a bit.


Blouse: Lucca Couture via Piperlime (on sale!); Pants: J.Crew Cafe Capri; Mary Janes: Steve Madden
Headband: F21; Watch: Michael Kors; Bangles: Alex & Ani

I'm also loving the detachable collars that are out right now. Stay tuned for a very exciting partnership featuring a couple gorgeous collar necklaces.

xoxo,
L

13 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Love your make-up here. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! And I love the history of the Peter Pan collar. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! Love your style & blog. http://leesilove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blouse! Great post!

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously in love with the peter pan collar! I have been adding quite a few to my collection! they are so fun!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Peter Pan collars dear!!! And so cute blog!!!

    If you like my blog and you feel like drinking a sip of ABSOstyle with me, we could followed each other by GFC + Bloglovin’ + Facebook … ;) I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Peter Pan collar! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!