L's Spring 2012 Wish List

Monday, January 23, 2012

I know we're barely through January, but now that winter has officially arrived in New England, I'm already daydreaming about sundresses and sandals. It's the only thing that gets me through the cold and the snow!


Below is a list of my favorite spring/summer items that my closet is dying to own. From polka dots to pastels, this is how I plan to showcase the season's hottest trends.


A Metallic Sandal
I adore these Boutique 9 Piraya sandals from Piperlime. They incorporate two trends I can't wait to wear this spring -- metallics and colorblocking.




A Peplum Shirt
As previously stated in this post, I'm a total sucker for anything peplum. It's so girly and flirty and not to mention totally flattering on any body shape. What's not to love? This shirt from ASOS is the perfect shade of cobalt and the pleating around the neck makes it more interesting.


Something Polka Dot
Okay, confession for you: I loved this dress so much that I already own it. But it was at the very top of my spring wish list so I can still include it here, right? I'm one of Michael Kors' biggest fans and this dress is absolute perfection in my eyes. Cute, comfortable, and perfect for day to night dressing, I can't wait for the warmer weather so I can wear it. Oh, forget waiting. I'll just pair it with tights and a cardi now. Love versatile clothing like this dress!


Something Else Polka Dot
I LOVE these shorts so much that I had to include two polka dot items. I WILL own these Elizabeth & James Pin Dot Willie Shorts by the time spring arrives.


Pastel Denim
I'm super psyched that pastel demin is taking the fashion world by storm. Sure, you might look slightly reminiscent of an Easter egg, but you'll also look effortless and cool. I love this neon persimmon pair from J.Crew.



A Floral Shirt
There's nothing better than a classic button-down shirt in a fun print. During the colder months, I go for plaids. Spring and summer months are meant for flowers and bright colors. This Ashbury Floral shirt from J.Crew incorporates both!


A Pleated Maxi Skirt
This Halston Heritage skirt is so gorgeous that it can be paired with something simple like a white t-shirt and you'll still look glamorous and pulled together.



A Great Pair of Shades
I've been searching for cat eye glasses for years and finally found a pair that suites me. I think overly-emphasized cat eye glasses look great on others, but unfrotunately not on me. The Kate Spade Rory glasses are ever so slightly cat-eyed and will be the perfect addition to any summer ensemble.



A Neon Bag
I'm loving anything bright and unexpected right now (remember this post?) And this Old Navy Messenger Bag is perfect for those who are neon-obsessed. And hello, it's $17!




What are some of your favorite spring trends so far? For those of you who live in warmer climates, I'm forever envious of your ability to wear these items whenever it pleases you to do so. The rest of us are left to wait until the snow melts and the sunshine returns. Or book tropical vacations...


Until tomorrow!
xoxo,
L

4 comments:

  1. This is a great wish list. I am LOVING the pleated maxi skirt. This post makes me want to go shopping. :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could pull of floral shirts but they don't look great on me.. looove the yellow purse though!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice wishlist!! check out my recommendations at :

    www.FashionThroughMyLens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!