Outfit Inspiration: Kristin Cavallari's Colorblock Dress

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I used to be a Kristin hater. I must admit, I was on Team LC during the good old "Laguna Beach" days. But after seeing this outfit, I not only decided I liked her, but that I desperately needed this skirt/tank combo.






One issue: I work in a corporate setting. Yes, I could've saved this for a night out on the town but I really wanted to make this outfit work for ME any day of the week. So I came up with this:





Peplum blouse: J.Crew; Pencil skirt: J.Crew; Belt: Can't remember; Shoes: Charles David

When using celebs as inspiration, it's all about putting your own spin on it. Clothing that might look killer on the models in the magazines might not work for the everyday girl. Work with pieces that you're comfortable wearing and shapes that work with your body type. I've tried the colorblocking trend before but not with such bold colors. This post proves that us normal girls totally can wear (and look good in!) the trends that our favorite "it" girls are wearing.


Happy colorblocking!
L

4 comments:

  1. great colorblocking job. you did a great job recreating the look. i used to live in ny myself... but now live in CT. i love your style, and enjoyed browsing your blog. your banner is great! new follower, and hope we can stay connected. cheers!
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!